Q. I have blurry vision in the right eye and pain in the eyelids on using contact lens. Why?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

I have blurry vision in a small section of my right eye, and it keeps moving around. Sometimes, it completely disappears. In addition, I have pain on the inside of my top and bottom eyelids as well as the outer corner of my eye, but I feel the pain only when I blink. This pain is also alternated between those three sections of my eye while I was wearing the contacts, but the pain has settled in my top eyelid now. I also noticed the discharge a couple of minutes ago. These symptoms started this morning upon inserting my cleaned contact lenses. I am currently on Melatonin and Depo-Provera.

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Stop wearing contact lenses until the eye is completely normal without redness. Consult an ophthalmologist nearby to check for eyelids and retina for moving things and weak spots (lattice). The moving thing is a floater. It is uncommon in your age unless you are myopic. There is a jelly-like substance in the eye and as age progresses it starts to liquify and you start seeing floaters.

You should go to an ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is an increase in the number of these floaters, or if you are seeing flashes of light. Because these are the signs of retinal detachment. Get your retina checked at least once a year. Right now you have to ignore the floaters and you will get used to it.

| 

Slept with my contacts on. Now, there is a white cloud blocking my vision. Help.

Query: Hello doctor,I slept with color contacts in my eyes and now I woke and took them out and there is a white cloud blocking my vision.  Read Full »

There is drooping of eyelid due to retained lens in the eye. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Day before yesterday my lens got lost in my right eye. I thought it must have fallen. Later, my eye turned red and started mucus discharge and the next day the lens was expelled. So the redness got reduced but now there is mild drooping of the eyelid of that eye. Please help.  Read Full »

My eyes are paining as I slept with contact lenses. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am using contact lenses daily. But yesterday, I slept with it in my eyes. When I woke up, my eyes were red and itching. It is painful, and water is coming out continuously from my eyes. Please help.  Read Full »