Q. My OD eye vision is more blurry after placing lens. Why?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath
Published on Oct 26, 2019

I have a mild irregular cornea OD eye. I was being fitted with a brand new soft lens Flexlens Arc. nine months back. When the lens was placed in my OD eye, it severely burnt my eye. It was red, swollen, painful and tearing. The technician flushed it out but I could not open the eye. I sat with an ice pack on my OD eye for an hour before I could drive home.

Could this have further damaged my OD eye cornea? My OD eye vision is more blurry now. What do I do?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Yes, there could be an infection (conjunctivitis or keratitis), get it examined what it is and start treatment. Stop wearing contact lens until it is healed. Your OD damage have to be confirmed by examination. Vision will be regained gradually when it is healed. Consult an Ophthalmologist and take treatment immediately. Take care.

This is my irregular astigmatism image of my OD eye. Should I put off routine cataract surgery until my cornea is more stable? Could cataract surgery further damage my cornea if get cataract surgery done?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You can have routine cataract surgery. You have to use a glass after that or you can go for Toric lens which will take care of astigmatism. Catract surgery will cause astigmatism. But now, surgeons will take incision in such a way that it will reduce astigmatism. Take care.

Should I wait for the cornea to stabilize before cataract surgery? Are Toric lens used to implant as the new cataract lens?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Cornea stabilizing is not possible. Yes, toric lens in implanted after cataract removal. You can also ask your surgeon whether he can do Femato Lasik+ IOL, it would be better option.

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and want to assure you that it is usually just a benign increase in tearing in both eyes after surgery that causes such a picture. It settles down on its own and will not need any further treatment than your post-operative medication. In ca...  Read Full

My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?

Query: Hello Doctor, I did not use my contact lenses for two weeks. When I opened the lens case after 2 weeks, my coloured (monthly) lenses had dried out. One of the them seems to be a little smaller. Can I use it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com   I suggest you not to use the lenses.   Because the solution which protects them from microbes has dried out, there are chances of acanthamoeba infections.   So it is better to change the lens to prevent infections. Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online to choos...  Read Full

I am using toric lenses for astigmatism. How long will it take to correct astigmatism?

Query: Hello doctor, I got toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. Can I switch to regular eye lenses? I want to have colored eye lenses, but it is not available in toric lenses. And how long will it take to correct astigmatism?  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned how much astigmatism you got. If it is negligible, then it will be fine with the spherical lens only. If it is significantly high, then you must need toric lenses. You can get a customized contact lens from some good optician or lens dispensing...  Read Full