Q. I am pregnant with extreme fatigue, body pain and increased urinary frequency. Please help.

I am pregnant but I feel like I cannot do anything. I am weak and my body feels like it is on fire but it is not I am wanting to throw up all day. I am using the restroom more than normal. My heart rate goes racing and I get light-headed. What is wrong with me?

I have been dealing with this for over three months and I cannot deal with it. I have a 5-month-old baby and I am totally weak to hold and play with her but I am also 5 months pregnant.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The fact that you are 5 months pregnant and frequenting restroom more than normal, with fatigue and weakness and likely lower back pain and nausea as well indicates a possible urinary tract infection having set in. You should get a urine routine and culture microscopy test done soon to rule out infection and establish the organism. You may have to be started on tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg thrice a day for seven days. This is a safe drug in pregnancy, in fact, a drug of choice for UTI in pregnancy.

Please get yourself examined and lab tested soon. In the meantime, continue your prenatal and increase your water intake to allow early flushing out of infection. You may take cranberry juice (once a day, if you like it again) as urine alkalinise and it shall help.

But a visit to your physician is to be scheduled sooner, else weakness, body ache, nausea and often increased frequency, urgency, even burning while urination may aggravate.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Ectopic Pregnancy

Article Overview: In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets attached anywhere outside the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies are very common and occur in about 1 in every 50 pregnancies. It is a medical emergency and if left untreated, can also be fatal. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What is an Ectopic Pregnancy? Fertilization of the ovum by sperm takes place in the fallopian tubes. After fertilization, the fertilized egg travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus. Normally, this embryo gets attached to the wall of the uterus and develops. In an ectopic pregnancy, the fer...  Read Article

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

I am having diarrhea, severe headaches, and fatigue after contraceptive pill withdrawal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Since I came off the pill 14 months ago, I have had lots of issues: black, brown, smelly spotting, irregular periods, severe pain, severe fatigue, been to the emergency department many times with different issues (stomach bleeding, severe stomach pains, lightheadedness, back and neck ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now