Q. I have a boil on my inner thigh for the past six months. Please help me to cure it.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have a skin lesion or boil on my inner thigh for the past six months. It is purple in color and it is painful. It becomes swollen for the past few days. I took Amoxicillin and it has not helped me.

#

You can use Mupirocin ointment twice daily in the morning and evening for ten days. You can apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid 2 %) at night for seven days. You can take tablet Emanzen D (Diclofenac with Serratiopeptidase) twice daily after food for three days when you have pain. You can also take tablet Ciplox 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin) once a day after lunch for five days. Avoid scratching or rubbing or popping or pricking the lesion. Please mention whether you have diabetes or uncontrolled sugar levels.

What do you think about it? Is it due to staphylococcal infection or bad ingrown hair? No, I do not have diabetes or uncontrolled sugar levels. Can I take Amoxicillin?

#

It is furunculosis and it is a staphylococcal bacterial infection. Amoxicillin may cause drug rash and so avoid it. Please maintain proper hygiene.

|