Q. I have a painful boil on the inner thigh. How can it be healed?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

I got a boil kind of pimple on my inner thigh before two days and now it is paining a lot. In that particular part, it has blood and I tried to squeeze it using a toothpick but it was too painful that I am not able to do it. What actually is it? How can it be healed?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your history. It looks like a bacterial folliculitis/abscess. It can be treated with topical and a short course of oral antibiotics. There is no reason to panic.

You can apply Fusidic acid cream and Mupirocin ointment to apply twice daily after roughly cleaning of the area, tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice daily for five days, Clindamycin antibacterial soap for washes, tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily for three days (to reduce the inflammation). Do warm compresses of the area.

Review with results after a week.

Please follow some instructions-

1. Do not try squeezing the area as it can lead to more inflammation.

2. Do not use any other products.

3. Do not massage.

4. Keep the area always dry to prevent a fungal infection.

|