Q. I have a painful boil on the inner thigh. How can it be healed?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

I got a boil kind of pimple on my inner thigh before two days and now it is paining a lot. In that particular part, it has blood and I tried to squeeze it using a toothpick but it was too painful that I am not able to do it. What actually is it? How can it be healed?

#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your history. It looks like a bacterial folliculitis/abscess. It can be treated with topical and a short course of oral antibiotics. There is no reason to panic.

You can apply Fusidic acid cream and Mupirocin ointment to apply twice daily after roughly cleaning of the area, tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice daily for five days, Clindamycin antibacterial soap for washes, tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily for three days (to reduce the inflammation). Do warm compresses of the area.

Review with results after a week.

Please follow some instructions-

1. Do not try squeezing the area as it can lead to more inflammation.

2. Do not use any other products.

3. Do not massage.

4. Keep the area always dry to prevent a fungal infection.

| 

How can boils on my chin be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I started to have a boil on my chin and since I have had one before I decided to use the same treatment as the last time that is apple cider vinegar. When I put the treatment on the boil it did burn which I knew was a sign of it working. But, the day after, the boil did decrease in si...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of folliculitis permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering form folliculitis for about 1 month. I regularly visit my doctor and take all medicines on time. The problem is folliculitis present on my legs and hands. Every week they are gone and then come again then my doctor ask me to do test of blood test and IgE test my blood t...  Read Full »

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»