Q. I have a small pimple in my inner labia that causes irritation. What is that?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I have small pimple-like swelling on my inner labia, which developed a head and broke to release fluid. But I am not sure if it indeed was a pimple or something else, as I can still feel a little hardness and swelling in that spot. And the skin on that side of my vulva has become red and irritated. I have not had any sexual contact for four years, and I am a virgin.

I m currently on Biotin supplements, Omega 3, and Vitamin C.

#

I am very sorry to hear that you have this problem, but I do not think it is something to worry about. Please do not use any chemicals or detergents or antiseptic over the area, as the area is very sensitive, and such products will cause harm rather than doing any good.

These are the boils that develop in gentiles sometimes due to hygiene negligence as this area is very vulnerable to infections. If possible, I would request to shave the area, wash it with water only, and wear loose cotton undergarments and observe for a few days. It will resolve on its own.

Is there any medicine I can take to help it heal faster? I have attached an image. Please check it.

#

I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It will help if you take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg two times a day for three to five days.

|