Bone Graft

Please suggest the best-recommended treatment for femur fracture.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a double fracture in the femur following an accident. In 24 hours, I got intramedullary nail insertion. But, it did not heal even after seven months. I have started walking on leg before a month to induce self heal, but nothing happened. Either bone graft or plate and nails, which ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will not heal and so no point in waiting for it to heal. You need to get this intramedullary nail removed. The following treatment has to be done. Get the fracture site open, remove the fibrous tissue, get bleeding fracture surfaces and apply a plate and cerclage wi...  Read Full »

Can fibrous cortical defect in tibia be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering mild pain in the middle part of my right leg tibia. An MRI was done and the doctor said that I have fibrous cortical defect. I would like to know is it completely curable.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibrous cortical defect is also called as non-ossifying fibroma. It is a benign tumor. It usually occurs in children and also usually in the tibia bone. Most of the time it regresses on its own and casting is required. But, if the lesion is found to be too long or involvi...  Read Full »

Can you reverse avascular necrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in thighs, hip joints and legs for more than a year. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 3. Doctor has recommended me hip replacement. I am really scared of this. Because I did a lot of research on internet about this. I got to know a lot of restriction and risk of dislo...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. From the information you provided, it seems like you have stage 3 avascular necrosis (AVN). While there are numerous causes for AVN and often there is no identifiable cause, the prognosis is not very favorable once you reach stage 3. ...  Read Full »

Had an extraction and bone graft was placed over it. Is there any chance for dry socket?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an extraction of a molar in the morning, and a bone graft was placed over it. My surgeon placed a collagen plug over it to make the graft to stay in place. Can I have a blood clot below it? I am afraid of getting a dry socket. Last time, I had a dry socket, when I had a wisdom toot...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, remove your fear present in your mind. A bone graft present with membrane prevents dry socket formation, and it makes a better environment to have socket healing. Bone graft is not fully utilized in the socket, as it a foreign material. Some amount of graft is re...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for dental cysts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two cysts in relation to upper right canine and premolar. Since I did not know anything about it, I ignored it. But last year I got an OPG, and I saw the cysts in it. I do not have pain or swelling, but whenever I touch the root of the upper teeth on the gums, I feel a sensation...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a cystic lesion extending from your upper right canine to the last molar. Maxillary sinus floor is also involved. Enucleation is a surgical procedure to remove the cystic lesion, depending on the cyst siz...  Read Full »

Shall I opt flap surgery and bone graft for my loose tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe toothache and loose teeth. I used to chew tobacco for the past 10 years. I am getting severe tooth pain often and some blister in the gums. My upper sixth tooth got loose and was removed three years ago. I have been to a local dentist and they advised deep scaling, root...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that the loose teeth have gone beyond repair and should be removed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The alternative treatment plan, which is cost effective, do deep scaling first to get clean gums and teeth and then use Betadine mouthwash for ...  Read Full »

Is an implant really necessary after extraction of second molar?

Query: Hi doctor, My second molar in the left side of upper jaw was extracted two months back. I thought of placing an implant. So, bone grafting was done. Now, I got few opinions that implant is not required in that region. Are there any future implications due to gap being there like displacement of adj...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Because you have done a bone graft, that means there would have been bone loss. The prognosis of the tooth will be poor after implant in that region. If your adjacent teeth are not having or showing any bone loss, you may opt for a fixed partial denture (bridge). Yes,...  Read Full »

Why do I have a lump around site of tooth removal and bone graft?

Query: Hello doctor, A few years ago I had a tooth removed and had a bone graft in preparation for an implant. I have yet to get the implant but recently I have developed a lump and pain around the site of the removal or graft. My oral surgeon and dentist cannot see me for next three days but I am nervous...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. You do not have to worry. It could be just an exaggerated soft tissue or hard tissue growth in that area as a process of healing. But since you are saying that you have pain, I assume you would have had toothbrush trauma or irritation du...  Read Full »

How effective is a bone graft from the pelvis for nonunion from bunionectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, How effective is a bone graft from the person's pelvic area for a non-union from a bunionectomy? This is regarding the first metatarsal of my left foot. I had two previous bone grafts for non-union after bunionectomy. The bone was not taken from my body. I have had bunionectomy in bot...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autologous bone grafts which are procured from one's own bone are the best option wherever a graft is needed. Amongst the autologous bone grafts, the iliac (pelvic bone) grafts are the workhorse of all grafting procedures. These autologous grafts provide all the requir...  Read Full »

Does my 2.6 months old daughter need surgery for a small gap in the soft palate?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2.6 months old daughter was born with a soft cleft palate and was operated when she was 2 years old. After the surgery, her speech has improved, and no solid food or water is coming out from her nose anymore. Rarely, just a single drop of milk comes out of her nose. Recently, I notice...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this is what I suggest. Physical examination of your daughter by a doctor is crucial, as the closure of a gap depends on the exact location of it. If the gap is on the soft palate, then it c...  Read Full »