Q. Kindly suggest the symptoms of breast cancer.

Dr. Jatin Bhatia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 11, 2019

Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer? The report mentioned there is a relatively well defined hypoechoic mass with small calcifications at periphery. There is no necrosis. Suspicious cancer. No enlarged axillary node. BI-RADS 5.

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

Radiation Oncology
#

Looking at this report, the suspicious finding needs to be evaluated further (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to do the following things.

1. Consult a breast surgeon or an oncologist, who takes complete history such as since when these symptoms started, any family history, etc. He or she examines this and gives his or her point of view.

2. If needed this mass should be biopsied or Fnac (fine-needle aspiration cytology) preferably under USG (ultrasound) guidance.

Depending on the report we can take things further. Regarding symptoms of breast cancer, there are many such as a lump in the breast which is increasing in size, location of the lump, nipple discharge, and skin changes over the breast, etc. Occasionally there are none.

Kindly revert if you have any queries.

Tips to Prevent Breast Cancer

Article Overview: This article discusses the risk factors and a few tips to prevent breast cancer. Read Article

Dr. Seyed Ali Jazaeri
Preventive Medicine Physician

There are a few risk factors that make you more susceptible to get breast cancer, which cannot always be prevented. But, there are things you can do that might lower your risk. Breast cancer risk factors mean anything that affects your chance of getting breast cancer. But having a risk factor does n...  Read Article

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full >>

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It is usually uncommon to have breast cancer in this age group. It looks most likely a benign breast lesion or a localized infection.You have not given many details about this lump such as skin or nipple color change, any nipple discharge, whether you are married/unmarried ...  Read Full

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can I see the FNAC (fine needle aspiration), and ultrasound of the thyroid reports? Do you have a family history of thyroid illness? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full

Ask a Radiation Oncologist Now