Q. Kindly suggest the symptoms of breast cancer.

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer? The report mentioned there is a relatively well defined hypoechoic mass with small calcifications at periphery. There is no necrosis. Suspicious cancer. No enlarged axillary node. BI-RADS 5.

#

Looking at this report, the suspicious finding needs to be evaluated further (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to do the following things.

1. Consult a breast surgeon or an oncologist, who takes complete history such as since when these symptoms started, any family history, etc. He or she examines this and gives his or her point of view.

2. If needed this mass should be biopsied or Fnac (fine-needle aspiration cytology) preferably under USG (ultrasound) guidance.

Depending on the report we can take things further. Regarding symptoms of breast cancer, there are many such as a lump in the breast which is increasing in size, location of the lump, nipple discharge, and skin changes over the breast, etc. Occasionally there are none.

Kindly revert if you have any queries.

|