Q. What is the small painless lump in the breast?

Dr. Arvind Guru

There is a small lump in the breast. I have no pain or any other type of side effects also. But, as per the doctor's advise, I have gone for FNAC test. Please explain what is the problem.

#

I have seen your attached FNAC report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is suggestive of a fibroadenoma which is a very common and mostly harmless condition. It occurs as a result of some hormonal changes during the course of development of the breast. So, there is nothing to worry about if it is small in size (4 cm to 5 cm). You would need a biopsy if it is greater than 5 cm.

Please get an ultrasound breast done and follow up with the report. Then I can advice you regarding, what to do next.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

| 

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »

I have fibroadenomas in my breasts. Do I have to get it operated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two fibroadenomas in my right breast and one in the left. I am just 18 years old, and I do not want to get them operated so early. Please help. What should I do?  Read Full »

I have a breast lump. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Surgeon Now