Q. How can I wean my little one from breastfeeding?

Dr. Bhaisara Baraturam Bhagrati

My son is 16 months old and weighs 9 kg. He is not eating anything and even not taking milk. He only wants mother's milk. Is it fine to give an appetizer? If so, how much quantity should I have to feed him?

#

Your child who is not taking anything or eating anything is a matter of concern.

He will require evaluation with blood tests like CBC (complete blood count) and urine routine microscopy.

You can continue breastfeeding.

You need to try adding one taste at a time may be milk or rice water or plain dal water.

Add calcium and multivitamin syrup.

It usually does not happen that child is not eating anything. It is usually because of wrong weaning habits or delays in weaning.

Check with your doctor once. So, that there is no underlying problem.

I do not suggest appetizer as it is too early.

Follow up with test results.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|