Q. Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.

#

• Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry.
  • It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation.
  • Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

Thank you so much. I have one more doubt. Which type of vaccination is good, either painful or painless?

#

Thanks for your feedback.

• As per the studies and previous experiences, painless vaccines are not effective. So, I suggest you go with the painful vaccine only.
  • For pain, you can always use a mild painkiller like Paracetamol after vaccination.

|