Q. Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Published on Jan 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

• Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry.
  • It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation.
  • Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

Thank you so much. I have one more doubt. Which type of vaccination is good, either painful or painless?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

#

Thanks for your feedback.

• As per the studies and previous experiences, painless vaccines are not effective. So, I suggest you go with the painful vaccine only.
  • For pain, you can always use a mild painkiller like Paracetamol after vaccination.

Why has the infant not defecated for a few days?

Query: Hello doctor, My 45-day-old nephew has not defecated for the last two days. Today is the third day. He is taking his feeds well and having a sound sleep. His urine output is good. Also, he is leaving gas as usual. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Does a fall cause brain and IQ damage in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter of 6 months old had a fall yesterday from 20 inches height. She had a hit on the backside of her head. She cried loudly and I immediately applied lot of water on the backside of her head. She became fine within a minute and she is totally fine now. Will it affect her intellig...  Read Full »

My 5 months old daughter did not roll since yesterday. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now