Q. Is eating jamun in any way related to breathing problem?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2020

I have been experiencing breathing problem for the past one week. Whenever I am trying to take long breathe, I am not able to push air completely inside through nose or mouth. After consecutive try, full breathe happens. There is no sign of a cough or pneumonia. Also, I do not have a cold. Is it due to stress or anything wrong with my heart or lungs? Does it require any health checkup or consultation with doctor? A few days back, I ate jamun. Does it have any relation with this breathing problem? Earlier, I was obese and I have reduced 10 to 12 kg weight now. I faced some breathing problem earlier. After reducing weight, I was absolutely fine. What could be the reason for my breathlessness?

#

• No, it is not related to eating jamun. It is also not due to stress.
  • It could be due to lung pathology or sinus involvement. Secretions from sinus may be blocking airflow or it could be directly due to lung involvement.
  • It can also happen if there is hyperplasia or growth of adenoids in the oral cavity. Please get your oral cavity examined by an ENT specialist (ear, nose and throat).
  • You may need to carry out a chest x-ray. Further treatment will depend on the cause.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Kindly advice what are the tests I have to undergo for this health issue.

#

• First meet an ENT specialist and have your oral cavity and nose examined.
  • You may need to carry out face x-ray for sinus involvement and chest x-ray for lung. You may also need to carry out pulmonary function test to check the status of your lungs.

|