Q. I have multiple small nodules in both the lungs. What should I do?

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala
Published on Apr 03, 2016

I underwent a comprehensive health checkup recently and it revealed multiple small nodules in both my lungs from the high resolution CT scan. Presently, I have sporadic recurring breathlessness during late evenings. Now, I am taking osteopenia medication, calcium and calcinase nasal spray. The CT scan report is attached for your reference. Please advise the next course of action.

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Sleep Medicine
#

• Your CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that you do have nodular lesions. But, your symptoms do not correlate with these lesions.
  • Nodules of less than 5 mm size are of no significance.
  • Nodule of 8 mm size to be followed up after six months with a CECT (contrast enhanced computed tomography) chest.
  • If you have loss of weight or appetite or uncontrolled fever then it need to be followed up more frequently.

For further information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Is CT scan safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female, and I was hospitalized for a week due to UTI. As a part of it, a CT scan was taken, which showed that I am completely cured. Then the next day, a blood test showed two weeks pregnancy. I am worried that the CT scan would have an adverse effect on the baby. C...  Read Full »

My M2-PK level is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My M2-PK is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer? There was no pain, just a regular checkup. Kindly help.  Read Full »

My CT scan done for back issues revealed a kidney stone. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, On a thoracic lumbar CT scan performed early this month, the radiologist found a 5 mm non-obstructive stone.  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now