Osteopenia

Suffering from osteopenia and osteoarthritis. Taking AcuCal and FreeFlex. Is it safe to take SAM(S Adenosyl Methionine) to enhance mobility?

Query: Dear Doctor,  My mother is 66 years old. She is having Trigeminal Neuralgia and for which she is taking Lyrica 75mg, Tegritol CR 400 and Symbal 30. And other medication details as below: For Cholesetrol -> Storfib -10mg. For BP -> seloken xl 100mg and amlodac 5mg. For Urinary Incontinence -&g...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq and thanks for the query. She can take SAM or MSM (Any one of them). SAM is a safe medication. It is a cartilage protective drug and will help her improve some of the pain in osteoarthritis. For osteoarthritis: you have to remember that these medications like free flex, coll...  Read Full »

Is the treatment for my breast cancer correct?

Query: Hi doctor, My chief complaint is severe lower back pain and pain in upper thighs. My medical history is as follows. Carcinoma of the breast three years back, followed by surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. I am on Tamoxifen for past 3 years, and now I am taking Arimidex. I have been suffering ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not have full information regarding the case from your query. What was the stage of the condition at the time of diagnosis? What chemotherapy was used? When did you start Arimidex? The conclusion I can make from the information which you have given is...  Read Full »

I have pain in both feet. Please check X-ray and suggest diagnosis and treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, A 40 year old male having pain in both feet for four to five months. The pain is in the bottom of the feet going from the heel to balls of feet and toes. Enclosed X-ray of feet and foot images. Please suggest diagnosis and treatment. I am not diabetic and uric acid is normal. RA facto...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

My doctor has not prescribed any treatment for osteopenia. Is this sound advise?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my moderately-high calcium levels. I am in my late thirties, in excellent shape and play competitive sports. I am very careful about maintaining a clean diet. Over the past four years, I have had elevated glucose (a1c 6.3) and elevated serum calcium (fluctuating be...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you do have diabetes for which Metformin is an appropriate treatment. As for your calcium levels, you have absolutely normal serum as well as urinary calcium levels. You do have osteopenia, for wh...  Read Full »

I have had multiple concussions. Is it due to growth hormone deficiency?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male and I have been living with a lower quality of life for the past eight to nine years, starting around six to seven months after I had a pretty severe concussion. I had been diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome and saw several neurologists who ran numerous tests ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, I feel that you could have osteoporosis or osteopenia rather than growth hormone deficiency. You can have your bone DEXA scan done and follow up with your orthopedician if it turns out to be either. Growt...  Read Full »

A 67-year-old osteoporotic female has wrist swelling. Is it tuberculosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother who is 67 years old is an osteoporosis patient. She has been recently operated for carpal tunnel in the left hand. A few months back, she had developed an ankle effusion which subsided after starting osteoporosis injections. She is on Gemtide and calcium. Recently, she has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). An ultrasound cannot diagnose whether she has tuberculosis or not. This requires an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan and also a needle biopsy under ultrasound guidance which needs...  Read Full »

I am having trigger issue in middle finger of both hands. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trigger problem in the middle finger of my left hand over a year. But, the same finger of my right hand has now developed the same problem. They are especially bad in the morning and it is difficult to straighten them. I can feel a very heavy click when I do it. I had blood te...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important information to know would be x-ray of your hands. There are different types of arthritis like autoimmune, osteoarthritis and gout. It could also become worse with your new medications as they can cause bone loss and pain. It may also occur if you have a...  Read Full »

I have multiple small nodules in both the lungs. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I underwent a comprehensive health checkup recently and it revealed multiple small nodules in both my lungs from the high resolution CT scan. Presently, I have sporadic recurring breathlessness during late evenings. Now, I am taking osteopenia medication, calcium and calcinase nasal spra...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that you do have nodular lesions. But, your symptoms do not correlate with these lesions. Nodules of less than 5 mm size are of no significance. Nodule of 8 mm size to be followed up after s...  Read Full »