Q. I have chest tightness, throat itchiness, and feel like something is stuck at my throat. Please help.

Dr. Gauri Gadge
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I am a 23-year-old female. For almost a month, I have been experiencing tightness of the chest, itchiness of the throat, and I feel there is something stuck in my throat. I am currently taking Zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.

#

As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. If you have asthma, I will prescribe you inhalational medication because they are the best possible medication available for the treatment of asthma. Also, I would like to know if there are any factors resulting in an increase in your symptoms.

Take care.

X-ray chest PA view,
Spirometry with bronchodilator reversibility testing.

Bronchial Asthma.

(Formoterol 6 mcg + Budesonide 200 mcg) Inhaler with spacer two puffs twice daily and can be taken up to 4 times daily if required.
Continue Zykast.

Avoid exposure to allergens and smoking.
Take nutritious diet and adequate rest.

PEFR (peak expiratory flow rate) monitoring.

Follow-up with investigations and then whenever required.

|