Q. I have chest tightness, throat itchiness, and feel like something is stuck at my throat. Please help.

Dr. Gauri Gadge
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.

#

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.

As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present.

I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis.

And, if you are suffering from asthma, I would have prescribed you inhalational medication, because they are the best possible medication available for the treatment of Asthma.

Also, I would like to know,if there are any factors resulting in increase in your symptoms.

I hope this helps. Take Care.

X-ray chest PA view,
Spirometry with bronchodilator reversibility testing.

Bronchial Asthma

(Formoterol 6 mcg + Budesonide 200 mcg) Inahaler with spacer 2 puffs twice daily and can be taken up to 4 times daily if required.
Continue Zycast.

Avoid exposure to allergens and smoking.
Take nutritious diet and adequate rest.

PEFR monitoring.

Follow up with investigations and then whenever required.

|