Q. Kindly guide me on whether it is suitable to take these medicines for a longer period.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2021 and last reviewed on: Apr 10, 2021

I am taking Montair LC, Deriphyllin 150 mg, Losar H, Aztor 10 mg, and Seroflo 250 inhaler for ten years for blood pressure, asthma, and cholesterol. Kindly guide me on whether it is suitable to take these medicines for a longer period. Moreover, any substitutes available for these medicines. Kindly tell the accurate power also.

#

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from hypertension, bronchial asthma, and hypercholesterolemia for the last ten years. You have been taking Montair LC, Deriphyllin, Losar H, Aztor, Seroflo 250 inhaler over the previous ten years. The medications that you take are usually safe. You can use them for a long period according to your doctor's advice. So do not worry at all. After all, by taking the above-mentioned medications, your blood pressure, asthma, and cholesterol levels are well controlled now, and you are totally free from any type of clinical features. So continue your current medications.

Montair LC (Montelukast Sodium and Levocitirizine Hydrochloride) (10/5) , one tablet at night.

Deriphyllin (Etophylline and Theophylline) (115+35), one tablet at night.

Losar H (Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide) (50/12.5), one tablet in the morning.

Aztor (Atorvastatin) (10 mg), one tablet at night.

Inhaler Seroflo (Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate) (25/250) two puffs twice daily and as and when required.

Take care.

In case of any other query, ask me.

|