Q. Kindly help me in analyzing my blood reports.

I did my preventive blood checkup and there are abnormalities in the lipid profile, liver profile and CBC profile. I am attaching the report.

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your reports are fine except for the lipid profile. The figures in bold are not always abnormal. A slight variation is acceptable. You have hypercholesterolemia, that is, LDL cholesterol is elevated.
  • Try to make the following lifestyle modifications:
  1. Avoid fatty, oily and high-calorie foods.
  2. Have a low-salt diet.
  3. Monitor blood pressure regularly. It should not be persistently above 140/90 mmhg.
  4. Do exercises like brisk walking or jogging, for at least half an hour every day, five days in a week.
  5. Include lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fish, once or twice a week. Avoid meat.
  6. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
  7. Ensure there is no abdominal fat deposition or obesity.
  • You should also be started on medications like tablet Rosuvastatin 10 mg at bedtime and repeat the lipid profile after two months.

Hope this helps. Do write back.

Revert after two months to an internal medicine physician online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I will get back to you in the case of any further queries.

#

You are most welcome. Take care.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|