Q. Why has my breathing become severely constricted?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

I am a 63-year old male. About five days ago, I went to a large supermarket and bought a blender. When I turned on the blender for the first time, I could smell an acrid odor being emitted from the blender. My chest immediately tightened and my breathing became severely constricted. Five days later, I estimated that I cannot be functioning more than 25% lung capacity. When I go for walking, I have to stop all the time to rest and catch my breath. That is a horrible feeling as if you are going to suffocate. Any advice would be appreciated.

#

I would recommend that you visit the hospital for a chest X-ray as probably you are suffering from bronchiolitis and hypersensitivity pneumonitis which are inflammatory conditions of the airways and lung tissues.

This could also lead to pulmonary edema which is serious and requires treatment with drugs that open the airways and bronchodilators, intravenous fluids, and antibiotics.

Corticosteroids such as prednisone may also be needed to reduce inflammation in the lungs. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|