Q. Why do I have brown discharge before getting periods?

Published on Aug 21, 2018

I have a brown discharge, and my dates came. What is that brown discharge?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

If you are getting brown discharge regularly before getting periods, it is harmless. This is a normal phenomenon, which occurs due to hormonal changes. Similar hormone changes may occur during early pregnancy, and one may get such brown discharge, but there will be no periods. I guess there is no possibility of pregnancy in you and there is no history of sexual contacts. So there is nothing to get worried.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I had this brown discharge yesterday, and my dates also came today. Is there any chance of pregnancy, and should I need to take a pregnancy test? If yes, then when should be done?

#

Just wait for few days and see the nature of the period. If the flow is similar to your previous periods regarding daily pad change and the number of days it bleed, then pregnancy is unlikely. Then, there is no need to do the test. If you get periods for a day or two only or if it is less than usual, then you should get a urine pregnancy test done after the period is over.

The pregnancy test was negative, then why did not I get my periods still?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old married woman. My last period was 18th of last month, but I did not get my periods till now. I got a pregnancy test, but it was negative. My hemoglobin is 12. Why did I not get my periods still?  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to stress and strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or low blood count. However, if you have doubt, then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a blood test for pregnancy done to ensure tha...  Read Full

Why do I have brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods?

Query: Hello doctor, A year before, I was getting regular periods. One day before period, I used to get spotting¬†then bleeding for five days. I was on birth control pills. A year ago, I stopped the pills. So from nine months, I am having brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods, then bleedin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned for how long you took the birth control pills. There are many adverse effects of the pills, which women are not aware of and the doctors are also not telling. This is a side effect of the pills, as pills stop ovulation totally. If one tries t...  Read Full

My partner is weak after withdrawal bleeding. How to improve her health?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had sex nine days ago. The condom slipped, but its opening was outside and I removed it carefully. But, just to be sure, she had Unwanted-72 immediately after. Today, she had period-like bleeding. Is it a side effect of Unwanted-72 or was it something else?  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. It is a withdrawal bleeding and there is nothing to worry about. So, relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care. For more information consult an obstetric...  Read Full