Q. Why do I have brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods?

Dr. Sujata Mittal

A year before, I was getting regular periods. One day before period, I used to get spotting then bleeding for five days. I was on birth control pills. A year ago, I stopped the pills. So from nine months, I am having brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods, then bleeding for five days. I do not understand why every month brown discharge start so early before periods. Because of this, I am always with the due date of my periods every month. I visited a gynecologist, who said it is normal, but I am still not convinced. I am trying to conceive. Would it be the reason for not conceiving last year?

#

You have not mentioned for how long you took the birth control pills. There are many adverse effects of the pills, which women are not aware of and the doctors are also not telling.

• This is a side effect of the pills, as pills stop ovulation totally. If one tries to play with synthetic hormones, the body is going to rebound. Another thing is not to take other hormones to stop this discharge. The body will try to recuperate itself.
  • So, give some time, like six months, and in the meantime, take good nutritious diet primarily of fruits, raw vegetables, and nuts. Avoid non-vegetarian. Start an exercise regime. Take B-complex, Folic acid, Vitamin E, etc.
  • Get your thyroid, Pap smear, Vitamin D, and vitamin B12 levels tested. Get an ultrasound premenstrually for endometrial thickness. If these are normal, give six months to the body.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have taken tablets for one year. I got a thyroid test as well, and the reports are fine. From the last six months, I am on Clomid to conceive. Now my doctor has advised me to get hCG test.

#

All investigations for infertility are to be done at a go. You should have got hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) done earlier, as oral contraceptive does not protect from pelvic inflammatory disease.

My advice is not to take Clomid (Clomiphene) right now, as this is again hormonal medicine and without all investigations, I prefer not to give Clomid.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Just now, I visited my doctor, he said instead of hCG test, I should get a laparoscopy in the third week because today is my second day. I do not understand what is going on. Can I do hCG test on my ninth day of the period and if needed, then laparoscopy in the third week.

#

• Please calm down. More you stress, more you disturb your cycles and your temperament. You can get your hCG within seven days after your periods' end. You take precautions, like not having contact, if you want to get hCG done on the ninth day of your cycles.
  • If your hCG is absolutely normal, you give six months for natural conceiving. If it is abnormal, you should go for laparoscopy. If your doctor plans to do laparoscopy in the third week, you should refrain from getting pregnant in this cycle, as tests are going on. A lot of women conceive after hCG only.
  • Get Pap smear done, and hope your husband's semen analysis is normal. Also, your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and Montoux should have been done by now.

Thank you. You are helping me too much. For hCG test, what prescription is needed to show in the radiology clinic, so that I can do test according to that?

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• Go to a good and standard radiology center. Tell them or take the prescription of your family doctor for hCG. Preferably, get it done at 10 AM. Do not go full stomach. Have some juice two hours before getting the test. Take two tablets of Meftal spas before leaving home with a sip of water, so that you do not have much pain.
  • Get preferably tested for dye, which is to be injected and it should be non-ionic one. The center should be equipped with O2 supply and emergency drugs should be available. Get the test done in presence of a doctor only. Digital x-rays with the fluroscopy facility are must.

|