Conception And Pregnancy

Please tell me the dos and don'ts after cervical cerclage.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 110 days pregnant. When we took scan in the 13th week, the report showed that the uterus is open. They said it as cervical incompetence and immediately advised operation for cervical suturing treatment. I need a second opinion regarding this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the ultrasound shows your cervix is open, then you need to follow the doctor's advice and get the stitching done. Otherwise, there is a very high chance of losing the pregnancy. It is a minor short procedure done under anesthesia and you will need to be admitted for on...  Read Full »

Is removing wisdom teeth while pregnant advisable?

Query: Hi doctor,I have an impacted wisdom tooth, which is horizontal and I just saw that it had been severely decayed. I have been reading about it lately. Is it safe to go for an extraction?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, your impacted wisdom tooth has to be checked with an x-ray at a dental hospital. This helps to figure out in what angulation is the tooth impacted. You are already aware that it is horizontally impacted. You have also mentioned that the tooth is badly decaye...  Read Full »

What are the chances of pregnancy with the woman on top position?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old and my wife is 26. I have been married for 2 years now. We are trying for baby since last 1 year but with no positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top. I fail to ejaculate when I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to tell you that there is no problem in conception even if woman is on top. The possibility of pregnancy is not in the position. Women can get pregnant even when semen is outside the vulva or thighs and even with precum. So, do not lose hope. I went...  Read Full »

Kindly look at the 37-weeks pregnancy report and explain the condition of baby.

Query: Hello doctor, My first baby died after delivery due to CHD. Now my wife is in 37 weeks of pregnancy. Recently we have done one scan of our baby and the survey of the fetus are as given. Presentation- Cephalic, placenta- Left lateral wall and anterior. Liquor- normal, amniotic fluid index- 13.7. Um...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. The baby's head position is downwards and favorable for vaginal delivery (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The placenta position is along left lateral wall and acceptable. The ...  Read Full »

Is nail discoloration during pregnancy something to worry about?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26 year old female. I am 18 weeks pregnant. Recently, I have noticed a dark line on one of my finger nails going down from the skin edge to the tip. Is this anything to worry about?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly our heartiest congratulations on your pregnancy. We wish you all the very best of health. You need not worry about the dark line on your nails. Pregnancy causes a lot of hormonal changes in your body. It also causes increased melanin deposition in your body, wh...  Read Full »

Should SLE medicines be stopped when trying for pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 30 years old. She was diagnosed with an initial stage of SLE before six months. For the past six months, she is taking MMF tablet 500 mg three tablets per day, Flunil 20 mg per day and Wysolone 5 mg per day. She is also having chronic problems such as hair loss, finger numbnes...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She cannot stop taking medicines during pregnancy but, the tablet MMF (Mycophenolate mofetil) can be replaced by HCQS (Hydroxychloroquine), and low dose steroids can be continued. SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) disease activity increases during pregnancy in some patie...  Read Full »

Can prenatal exposure to alcohol cause a short columella?

Query: Hello doctor, Do you have experience with FAS/FASD? Can prenatal exposure to alcohol cause a short columella? Is this common in those with the affected face?  Read Full »

Dr. M. Pradeep Kumar

Clinical Geneticist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We do see cases of fetal alcohol syndrome or fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Alcohol is a known teratogen for the human fetus. Consumption of alcohol during pregnancy is associated with abnormalities in the fetus. The problems can occur in many systems, most important...  Read Full »

What is Persinal injection used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOS and planning for pregnancy. Last month I had HSG. My doctor told that my tubes are clear. My LMP was 25 days back. This month I had Persinal injection on my 3rd, 5th and 7th day. On 9th day my follicle was at the size of 19 mm. My doctor gave an injection called Lupride on my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which signifies that you have some problem in ovulation and subsequent fertilization of egg. As your tubes are open, you need some assistance for ovulation and to develop a good quality embryo. I suppose that you are goin...  Read Full »

Does my ultrasound result mean I am pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor,I have my pictures and ultrasound results but can you help me to read it and say if I am pregnant or not?  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare. I have gone through your history and understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As your pelvic ultrasound showed some changes which are suggesting pregnancy, get your blood beta hCG levels to r...  Read Full »

I have irregular periods. Will I be able to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I am unmarried. I have a fear of not getting pregnant and will not be able to satisfy my partner with sex and then I will spoil his life also. I have severe slip disc, sciatica and cervical problem. I had PCOS. My HB is constant between 8.5 to 9.5, have high uric acid ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be little depressed. You have to come out of it. For anemia, you may take iron tablets regularly. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits. For back pain, physiotherapy and back strengthening exercise. For high uric acid, avoid non-vegetarian and animal food...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.