Q. I have a bunch of brown spots on the hip with pain. What could that be?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

I am a 46-year-old female. I am regularly taking Thyroxine 50 mg. At present, I am suffering from skin problems. I have a few brown spots (a bunch of two or three) on my hip and back with a little pain and no discharge.

In the past, I have spots on different parts of my body. At that time, I consulted a doctor and took medicines for the same. Most of the spots went away, and only one spot in the hip remained for six months and looked spreading.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a skin problem on the hip with brown spots and pain.

According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided, you may suffer from age spots. They appear anywhere on the body, especially in areas exposed to the sun due to excess melanin production.

You can use Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Hydrocortisone cream to the affected area.

Do I need to take any medicine? Is this infection or something else?

#

I think oral medications are not needed here. Apply Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Mometasone cream 30 gm locally on your affected area two to three times daily until healed.

Avoid any injury or friction to your affected area and apply the cream mentioned above.

|