Q. I have two brown spots in foreskin with no itch, bleed or size change. What could it be?

Answered by
Dr. Sandip Pramanik
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2020

Hello doctor,

I would like to get a second opinion and ask a few more questions regarding the condition that I have on my foreskin. I am 43 years old and I have two brown spots on my foreskin. They are there for about one to two years, possibly longer. They do not itch, or bleed, or change in size. Only the one is closer to the glans is possibly getting a bit lighter. Can you please have a look at the photos and opinion of a dermatologist. They suggest that it could be condyloma, bowenoid papulosis, or seborrheic keratosis.

As I mentioned, when I was younger I went to visit a urologist and they told me that I have a mild case of phimosis. I do not have any issues in maintaining hygiene, or having sex, except sometimes if my foreskin stretches and it is dry, I feel a bit of pain and discomfort.

What I would like to add is that I am straight and married for the past eight years and in those eight years I only had sex with my wife, not sure how long is the maximum incubation of condyloma, or papulosis and does it exclude it. Also, it mentions that condyloma is cauliflower shape, which I am not sure about these spots, one closer to glans is totally flat and the other one that has a shape of a mole is slightly above the skin, but I cannot say it is cauliflower shaped.

Could you please let me know do you agree with your colleagues opinion? I am very cancerophobic (if that is even a word for a person who is generally scared of cancers, so my main concern is to rule out that option). I am currently away from home and cannot go visit urologist in person for at least two months.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your queries and attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You are having viral warts on your preputial skin. You need to contact your local dermatologist. There are several methods of managing viral warts. That may be electrocautery or simple local application of antiviral or keratolytic ointments. That will be decided by your dermatologist.

If you are having phimosis, then contact your local urologist as you may need circumcision. If you undergo circumcision, the skin with these lesions will automatically be excised out and biopsy report will tell the final story.

Was this answer helpful?

Thank you Dr. Sandip,

Were you able to open the First derm link with the report and the photos that I have sent, if needed, I can attach photos here as well?
Could you please let me know is a viral wart same as condyloma? And also, could you please let me know is that urgent, since I am working away from home and I can't visit dermatologist, or urologist for the next month or two?

Thank you
# Hello Sir. I understand your concern.
Yes, I was able to see the reports and photographs from the link which you shared. On that basis only I made a statement on provisional diagnosis.
Yes. Viral warts and condyloma is the same thing.
And most importantly it is not at all urgent at this point of time. You can work from home. You take an appointment of Dermatologist and urologist after one or two months or once the lock down gets over.
Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why is my foreskin so tight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My foreskin is tight and it is difficult and hurts to pull back my skin off the head when erect but goes back with less effort when not erect. How can I loosen my foreskin at home?  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin not coming down completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am a male. Though I have been having healthy masturbation since past 15 years or more, the head of my penis is visible only a little bit and the foreskin not fully comes down. Will that situation hamper my married life? Having sex with a condom is possible right? ...  Read Full »

Is Condyline paint appropriate for genital warts caused by HPV?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I lost my virginity about 10 months ago with my boyfriend. Now after 10 months has passed I found out that I have two warts inside my vagina. It is white color although, the one on the top started to have a slight pink color. But the second one on the bottom wh...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.