Q. Is there any relation between the brown spots in my cornea and tablet Wellbutrin?

Dr. Souhad

I have had a brown mark on my cornea for three years. But vision is clear, and I do not have any pain. I currently take Wellbutrin 150 mg.

Kindly help.

#

The pigment (the brown spot) is deposited in the conjunctiva and not in the cornea; hence no visual distortion is present. However, if this spot has appeared after taking tablet Wellbutrin, I recommend you get a complete eye examination, including an eye pressure evaluation. An increase in eye pressure can be symptomless for quite some time but eventually leads to optic nerve damage. An additional side effect of the drug is dryness of the eye, which can lead to eye surface disorders like brown spots. In such a case, I recommend you start lubricating the eye with an artificial tear drops three to four times daily. In conclusion, I suggest you photo document this spot every six months.

Thanks.

|