Q. What is the reason for a bruise-like lesion on my face after an outdoor vacation?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Before three months, I went on a holiday. When I got home, I got a big spot on my face just below my eye. It was big and looked bruise-like or a cyst under the skin. It then went off and has resulted in two red marks on my face where the spot was. They are not raised, they do not hurt, but they are weird. One is about 4 mm long, and the other is on top about 2 mm long, both with redness around them. I went to the pharmacy when it was a spot, and they gave me an acne cream. I forgot the name, but they said it was very strong, about 4 to 4.5%, but that has not gotten rid of it. Please tell me if I should be concerned as it came up when I came home from holiday after being in the sun, not sure if it is sun damage or anything like skin cancer.

#

It is a secondary bacterial infection (scar mark) due to excessive scratching and rubbing. I would suggest the following:

1) Apply Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin cream) twice daily in the morning and at night for 15 days.

2) You can use Azac (Azelaic acid) soap for a bath for two months.

3) Wash your face with a Cetaphil cleanser twice a day for two months.

4) Apply photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM for two months.

5) Tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once a day after breakfast for 30 days.

6) Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions as it may cause deep or permanent scars and Secondary bacterial infection.

7) Avoid direct sunlight.

8) Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going outdoors.

|