Q. How should I get treated for my bruising of eyes?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Apr 04, 2019

I got hit on my cheek by a rock while doing some work. The area under my eye swole up and caused me to have a black eye. Now a whole one year two months later, I still feel the bruising of under eye similar to the look of a black eye. Is there a certain term for this?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

The certain term for this is the black eye that you have told yourself. This is a particular term (black eye) used for trauma to eye area resulting in blood collection around it. Another term used for it is raccoon eyes or panda eyes as it forms a complete ring around the eye. Because the eye area is very thin, the blood gets accumulated in collagen tissue and takes a long time to clear it up.

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

What is the reason behind neutropenia in an infant?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby boy is 3.5 months old. When he was 38 days old, he got a fever. I went to the hospital and the doctor said any infant who has fever without any other symptoms may have meningitis and so lumbar puncture was performed. It was positive and the WBC was 570 (clear), monomorph 80% an...  Read Full »

I am using Refresh eye drops for five years. Will it be a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66-year-old male with no hypertension and non-diabetic. Since many years I have the dry eye problems and have been using Refresh tears drops or Refresh Liquigel. Last year, I developed frequent twitching of eyes and eye specialist prescribed the same eye drops and fish oil 1200...  Read Full »