Build Muscle

Kindly suggest a solution to build my body.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lean body and my height is 6 ft and weighs about 65 kg. I want to build body in the gym. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as gaining muscle mass is concerned there are two important things. One is doing regular work out and the other more important thing is diet. In diet you should remember that proteins are the part of the diet which form the muscle mass. If you are a non-vegeta...  Read Full »

Is Nitrous oxide pre-workout supplement bad for hypothyroidism?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

Can I exercise to manage muscle tear?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffered an injury in the right shoulder region four months back by falling off a fast speedboat. I was wearing a life jacket and buckles on impacted shoulder and I believe my arm was pulled back. It bruised badly. It is painful in some range of motions and have started back at the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Wesley Turner

Osteopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Treatment should be very low weight and high reps for building strength and physical therapy would be highly recommended. Surgery for rotator cuff tears are determined on a case by case basis by orthopedic surgeon and usually based on age, pain and restrictions. In this...  Read Full »

Why has my back not developed properly?

Query: Hi doctor, When I started my workout today, I noticed that my back is not in proportion and not developed properly. I am wondering, why is it so? Do I have to see a chiropractor? Or do I need to adjust my workout forum? Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you right-handed? Is your left arm weaker? Or vice-versa? Normally, we all tend to use one side of our body more frequently and comfortably than the other, making us left or right-handed. We spend most of our life performing endless daily tasks with one side of our...  Read Full »

How to gain weight?

Query: Hello Doctor, I eat well, but I am very weak and I look slim. Please suggest me treatment for a healthy and muscular body.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Most of the people will be skinny till the age of 22-24 years and will gain weight after that without any exercise or supplement. So do not worry. Weight gain is a gradual phenomenon. It takes time. Do not expect immediate results. I advise you to eat a high-fat diet...  Read Full »

I want to gain weight and make my muscles firm. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 163 cm, and my weight is 52 kg. My body structure is also small, and my muscles are not firm. I want my muscles to get firm, and I want to gain weight. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Weight should be proportional to the height, and this can be calculated with the help of BMI (body mass index). Normal BMI should be between 19.5 to 24.9. Your BMI is 19.62. So if you want to gain some weight, you can. I sugg...  Read Full »

How to pick the best protein powder for me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder: Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good). Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good). High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving). Go for concentrate powders - that is ...  Read Full »

Will lifting weights at 18 stop me from growing taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I start bodybuilding at the age of 18? Will this stop me from growing tall?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I advise you to start sports first and after a year or so, you can start going to the gym. This is because men grow in height till 20 years and after that, the growth stops. Until then, be inclined towards sports like basketball, jogging, running, bar pull-ups ti...  Read Full »

How can I get lean soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to get lean for the past one month. But, still, I have stubborn fat around my lower abdomen. I am doing full body lifts every day and high-intensity cardio exercise one to three times a week. I cannot lean out around my stomach 100 % while everywhere is fine. I know stubborn ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonali Arvind Bhanushali

Dietician, Fitness Expert

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. To lose body fat, we need to track our calorie budget and burnouts. First, work on your food groups, make sure you divide your meal into a right combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. As well to see good results it is always essenti...  Read Full »

I weigh only 50 kg. What should I do to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old guy with a height of 170 cm but my weight is only 50 kg. How can I gain weight? The major issue is that I cannot eat properly even if I feel hungry. What should I do to get rid of this underweight problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, it is important to rule out any specific cause for not gaining weight like thyroid problems with serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) estimation. For gaining weight, you can take protein-rich foods and simultaneously gym also can be joined to build ...  Read Full »