Q. I am weak and slim. Help me gain weight.

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2019

Hello Doctor,

I eat well, but I am very weak and I look slim. Please suggest me treatment for a healthy and muscular body.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

Most of the people will be skinny till the age of 22-24 years and will gain weight after that without any exercise or supplement. So do not worry. Weight gain is a gradual phenomenon. It takes time. Do not expect immediate results.

1. I advise you to eat a high-fat diet like cheese, butter, milk products, and more sweets. This will increase your body weight.
  2. Almonds, cashew nuts, and dates also help in gaining weight.
  3. Eat more of cereals and pulses, as they contain more protein and will help in muscle building.
  4. You can use 2 teaspoons of Nutrigain powder twice a day for 3-4 months.
  5. Start doing exercises like push ups and pull ups.

| 

Is Nutrigain safe to use?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having thyroid problem. I would like to use nutrigain powder. Are there any side effects in using it?  Read Full »

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full »

How to gain weight soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am unable to gain weight. I am in depression as I am underweight. My weight is 49 kilograms. Currently, I am taking homeopathy medicines.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Endocrinologist Now