Q. I have bulky and anteverted uterus. Will my pregnancy be a success?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Mar 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am six weeks three days pregnant. I went for an ultrasound and found the uterus is bulky and anteverted. Single gestational sac is seen high up in the uterus. Yolk sac has been identified but the fetal pole is not seen. Good decidual reaction is seen. Suggestive of sonography after two weeks. However, the gynecologist said it is a reason to worry and do not have a chance of success. Please suggest.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Since your gestational sac and yolk sac are evident, there is nothing to worry about. The delay in the process could be because of late implantation.

Another positive factor is that there is good decidual reaction. You can wait for a week or two and repeat the scan. Because the fetal pole and cardiac activity will be evident from six to seven weeks.

Post seven weeks, if you cannot find the fetal pole or cardiac activity, then we can think. So, please do not lose hope.

Continue taking Folic acid and Progesterone supplements.

However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will hysterectomy cure adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife usually has a period for six to seven days. On the first two days, she has pain. At times, she has heavy clots also. The doctor had asked us to do the scanning and some test. The scanning report is attached. 'There is anteverted and bulky uterus which measures 11.7 by 10.3 by...  Read Full »

Does absence of fetal heartbeat on ultrasound confirm abortion?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is six weeks and five days pregnant. In the fourth week, she got pain in the stomach and back. So, there were two ultrasound reports. The first was taken in five weeks and six days where the gestational sac was 2.33 cm with no heartbeats found. The second ultrasound was six w...  Read Full »

What is the meaning of bulky uterus?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have a cyst or severe bleeding, but my uterus is bulky as per the scan reports. The scan was advised because of a recurrent urinary tract infection. I have a pain in the lower abdomen and the left side of the stomach. I am taking Norflox 400 for the UTI.  What should I do?  Read Full »