Q. I have mild collection in POD with period problem. Is it curable by medicine or need surgery?

I am a 46-year-old woman. I am married, and I have children. Recently, my USG report showed uterus in anteverted position, bulky in size and shape, measuring 9.24 x 3.59 x 4.91, and the echotexture was normal. There was no fibroid or SOL seen. My midline endometrial echo was within a regular line, and my cervix appeared normal. There was a mild collection seen in the POD. I also have a problem in the period with a massive and painful period. My question is whether this condition is curable by medicine or it needs surgery? I want to get cured by medicine. Please suggest.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The USG (ultrasonography) report of the pelvis is normal with POD (pouch of Douglas) fluid. It is seen during ovulation when the scan is taken during mid-cycle. The dysmenorrhoea occurs due to endometriosis or chronic pelvic infection or hormonal imbalances.

If there are symptoms of pelvic pain or UTI (urinary tract infections), then PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) is the possibility which can be treated medically. You can get started with medications after seeing the complete blood report, HVS (high vaginal swab) culture, hormonal profile, and gynecological examination.

|