Q. I noticed tiny hard bump on penis while masturbation. Is that a wart?

Dr. Snehal Laul
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 21, 2020

I am a 25-year-old male. A week ago, I have noticed a hard tiny bump under the skin of the glans penis (my penis is circumcised) while dry masturbating. I am not sure if this is due to excessive masturbation or HPV warts. It is almost flesh color with something that looks like a black tiny seed on it. It is not painful or itching and I have no other symptoms. I also noticed a smaller bump while showering but cannot see it (can only feel it and it is very difficult to be found).

I had only one sexual contact in my life and it was with a male 9 months ago. I used a condom for intercourse but not when receiving oral sex. Should I go to a doctor or wait for a few days first? Is there a test that the doctor can do to diagnose the bump? Or the doctor will be able to diagnose it by observing only?

#

It may be injury due to excess masturbation. Warts are soft painless growth which looks like a cauliflower. For confirmation get the STD panel test done.

If warts HPV (human papillomavirus) are reactive then, local application of 20 percent Podophyllin should be repeated weekly until the lesions are clear. It should be done under doctor supervision only because it causes burning pain of the surrounding skin.

Cautery can be done when lesions are pedunculated (not in our case). Is there urethral discharge? Genital ulcer? Swelling in the groin which is painful? Get all tests done.

I do not think it is STI (sexually transmitted infection). It is a normal lesion. Until then use Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days. Maintain proper genital hygiene.

No, I have no discharge, ulcer, or swelling. Since it is a normal lesion, will it go away without treatment? And how long will that take?

#

Use Fucidin cream twice daily for 7 days. It will take a few weeks to heal.

|