Q. Will candidiasis cause red bumps on penis after sex?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh S Pandya and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bumps On Penis or Candidiasis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live, the climate is far drier than in my home country. Since one month ago, my fiancee started taking estrogen due to fertility treatment and she got candidiasis and was treated but she was not told that I also should take the treatment. I have since some time an almost unnoticeable small red bump with kind of dried and bright appearance in the gland (in what I call the down part of my gland which is where the gland connects with the part of the skin that I do not see when I pee).

At that time I did not have time for going to doctor and I did not know about icliniq. She advised me to use coconut cream and I used it and the swelling disappeared. However, I have it again in the same location. She recently received again the estrogen treatment. Like three weeks ago, when I had the first bump, once I had sex with my girlfriend and it was a little bit painful. In general, I do not know if it is because of my uneasiness, but I feel certain discomfort in the top of my gland but very little. These are all the symptoms I think.