Q. Will candidiasis cause red bumps on penis after sex?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live, the climate is far drier than in my home country. Since one month ago, my fiancee started taking estrogen due to fertility treatment and she got candidiasis and was treated but she was not told that I also should take the treatment. I have since some time an almost unnoticeable small red bump with kind of dried and bright appearance in the gland (in what I call the down part of my gland which is where the gland connects with the part of the skin that I do not see when I pee).

At that time I did not have time for going to doctor and I did not know about icliniq. She advised me to use coconut cream and I used it and the swelling disappeared. However, I have it again in the same location. She recently received again the estrogen treatment. Like three weeks ago, when I had the first bump, once I had sex with my girlfriend and it was a little bit painful. In general, I do not know if it is because of my uneasiness, but I feel certain discomfort in the top of my gland but very little. These are all the symptoms I think.

#

It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain during sex could be due to stretching of the frenulum, the fold at 6 o'clock below glans. If it tears repeatedly, a minor corrective surgery helps. Take care.

| 

Thank you very much for the reply. The bump now looks pretty much like the previous one. Attached are the pictures.

#

Yes, it does. If you can get the medicine, you can apply it for about 10 days and see. if it is not available, you may have to see your doctor and get it prescribed. Take care.

| 

Very much thank you again. Lastly, I went to the pharmacy and there is only Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Damarin L or Isoconazole. Can I use one of these?

#

These medications seem to be different. You can try any of the following, Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ciclopirox Olamine, Terbinafine or ask for anti-fungal cream. Take care.

| 

I need to obtain a prescription and the doctor prescribed me Lulicon cream 1 % once a day after bath. However, I am a little confused because he ordered the medication for three months and this duration sounds excessive for me. I do not know if he considered that I had a recurrence and/or that my fiancee was infected and also that she is being treated with estrogen to get pregnant. What is your opinion about my treatment?

#

It probably contains Luliconazole antifungal. The usual duration is between 7 to 14 days and then continue if slow response or recurrence. Take for 15 days and then consult your doctor whether further treatment is needed.

| 

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »

I have itchy painful bumps on penis that smells bad. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have something on my penis. It started a couple days ago after I had unprotected sex. I am uncircumcised. It is not the first time I have noticed something like this happen and I always get concerned. It feels very itchy, and also hurts. It does not feel painful when I urinate. Ther...  Read Full »

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »