Q. What treatment can I get for the painless bumps present on my penis?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I have some painless red bumps (few are very small, and one may be less than 1 mm) on my penis. I have already consulted a dermatologist. He said this is molluscum and homeopathy medicines will be helpful. But there are no recovery signs for a month taking homeopathy medicines. I am afraid as they are spreading on the groin area and I am also in stress and not enjoying my sexual life. What can I do? Also, can a proper diet help in recovering as said by the dermatologist?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I understand your concern.

1. Yes, this is molluscum contagiosum. On genitals it spreads via sexual contact, so it is an STD (sexually transmitted disease).

2. Try to avoid sexual contact till they get treated.

3. There is no role of diet as such in this condition, just maintain a normal healthy diet.

4. It can be removed by simple needle extirpation, which is not very painful and do not worry it will not leave any mark.

And I do not think homeopathy will be of much help in this but can be easily treated with simple needle extirpation in single session.

Please explain to me on how and from where this needle extirpation session can be taken? Because I do not want to go back to the dermatologist.

#

1. It is a basic procedure, and can be removed in a single session I think.

2. You can consult any other dermatologist nearby or if possible a medical college. In medical college, they might ask you to repeat HIV and other tests.

3. If you have not got till now, get these investigations done,

A. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antibody).

B. HCV (hepatitis C virus).

C. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test).

|