Q. What treatment can I get for the painless bumps present on my penis?

Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 24, 2019

I have some painless red bumps (few are very small, and one may be less than 1 mm) on my penis. I have already consulted a dermatologist. He said this is molluscum and homeopathy medicines will be helpful. But there are no recovery signs for a month taking homeopathy medicines. I am afraid as they are spreading on the groin area and I am also in stress and not enjoying my sexual life. What can I do? Also, can a proper diet help in recovering as said by the dermatologist?

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I understand your concern.

1. Yes, this is molluscum contagiosum. On genitals it spreads via sexual contact, so it is an STD (sexually transmitted disease).

2. Try to avoid sexual contact till they get treated.

3. There is no role of diet as such in this condition, just maintain a normal healthy diet.

4. It can be removed by simple needle extirpation, which is not very painful and do not worry it will not leave any mark.

And I do not think homeopathy will be of much help in this but can be easily treated with simple needle extirpation in single session.

Please explain to me on how and from where this needle extirpation session can be taken? Because I do not want to go back to the dermatologist.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

1. It is a basic procedure, and can be removed in a single session I think.

2. You can consult any other dermatologist nearby or if possible a medical college. In medical college, they might ask you to repeat HIV and other tests.

3. If you have not got till now, get these investigations done,

A. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antibody).

B. HCV (hepatitis C virus).

C. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test).

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full »

Homeopathy: Myths and Facts

Article Overview: Homeopathy is a therapeutic system of medicine that has been in use since the 18th century. Questions about its effectiveness have been raised by many. There are also a lot of misconceptions about this stream of medicine. This article discusses various myths surrounding homeopathy versus the facts. Read Article

Dr. Adnan Reyaz Ahmed Siddiqui
Homeopathic Physician

In spite of homeopathy being the second largest system of treatment in the world, there are still many myths regarding homeopathy. Myth 1. Homoeopathy pills are nothing but placebo pills (an inactive pill with no therapeutic effect). Fact 1. Homoeopathy is being practiced for the last 200 years an...  Read Article