Q. How to get my burn heal faster?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I got a burn injury on my neck and chest area yesterday morning. A layer of skin is off and in some places it is pink in color. There is no blister and no pain. I have had it covered with gauze. When should I remove the gauze? I have been cleaning the area three times a day. In some days, I am leaving out of the country regarding some work. Will it heal fast?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• It will take one to two weeks, if there is no blister.
  • I would advise you to use Silverex cream (Silver sulfadiazine) twice daily and Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg thrice daily for seven days in order to prevent any kind of infection and proper healing.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Should I keep it covered or uncovered? Here are some of the pictures of the wound. After seeing the picture, what is your opinion regarding the term of healing?

#

• Do not use those medications that you are using now (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as Bacitracin is potent sensitizer and can worsen the condition. Also, Aloe vera has no role in cases of erosion.
  • There is no need to close it. Clean two times daily with a sterile gauze and Betadine lotion. Then, apply Silverex ointment.
  • Oral antibiotics is a must to prevent scarring due to secondary infection and for early healing.
  • Your burn is going to take two to three weeks in order to heal completely if proper care has been ensued.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|