Q. I am a diabetic and have severe burning pain in feet. Why?

I am suffering from severe and continuous toe burning for the last two years. It spread up to the middle of the feet. After 30 to 45 minutes of walking the burning becomes more intolerable. I wake up in the night due to disturbed sleep. My age is 69 years, and weight is 83 kg. I am diabetic, and my sugar level fasting is 120 to 125 and PP is 165 to 180. I am taking medicine for Zoryl M3.

#

We are here to help you.

• It seems that you have been suffering from diabetic neuropathy. However, I would like to exclude vitamin B12 deficiency as well as high uric acid before stating this.
  • So, I would like you to get the following investigations. Serum vitamin B12 assay, serum uric acid, HbA1C and nerve conduction study of both legs. Once the tests are done, then we can discuss the treatment part of diabetic neuropathy.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

| 

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Is diabetes medicine needed if HbA1c is 7.5?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. One year before I went to a diabetologist and took glucose tolerance test. Here is the result, fasting - 128 mg/dL, 1 hour - 340 mg/dL, 2 hour - 196 mg/dL. Doctor prescribed medicine for a month but after that I did not take any medication. Now I would...  Read Full »

For 7.5 HbA1c level, should Gemer 1 tablet be continued?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, my HbA1C was 7.5. I was advised to take Gemer 1 tablet before breakfast for 30 days. My LDL cholesterol is 119 mg/dL, HDL is 40mg/dL and triglycerides 161 mg/dL. My age is 49. Should I continue Gemer 1 along with other medicines? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Diabetologist Now