Q. I am a diabetic and have severe burning pain in feet. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I am suffering from severe and continuous toe burning for the last two years. It spread up to the middle of the feet. After 30 to 45 minutes of walking the burning becomes more intolerable. I wake up in the night due to disturbed sleep. My age is 69 years, and weight is 83 kg. I am diabetic, and my sugar level fasting is 120 to 125 and PP is 165 to 180. I am taking medicine for Zoryl M3.

#

We are here to help you.

• It seems that you have been suffering from diabetic neuropathy. However, I would like to exclude vitamin B12 deficiency as well as high uric acid before stating this.
  • So, I would like you to get the following investigations. Serum vitamin B12 assay, serum uric acid, HbA1C and nerve conduction study of both legs. Once the tests are done, then we can discuss the treatment part of diabetic neuropathy.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|