From a year, why is my penis not getting hard like before?

Q. From a year, why is my penis not getting hard like before?

Answered by
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 07, 2017

Hi doctor,

I am a 50 year old male, and I am diabetic. From the last year, my penis when erect is not as hard as it used to be. Please help.



Welcome to

I went through your post.

  • You can also discuss with your endocrinologist or physician who is treating your diabetes regarding phosphodiaesterase inhibitors like Tadalafil or Sildenafil.


For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Thank you doctor,

I just got transferred to another city, so going back to my doctor is not possible. If I send you my last blood report and prescription given by my doctor, can you suggest medicines? Thanks and regards.



Welcome back to

  • If you can provide me your blood pressure readings, blood suger lavel, HbA1C, tell me what drugs you are taking, and whether your heart's status is fine, then it will be possible for me to suggest if you can take phosphodiesterase inhibitors or not.

Revert with more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Thank you doctor,

I am uploading my last prescription, which includes various reports. Please advise.



Welcome back to

  • Your blood sugar is on the higher side in the last three months. With average blood glucose of more than 200, you also have possibly hyperthyroidism, for which you are taking Neomercazole and you have vitamin D deficiency.
  • I would suggest starting low dose of phosphodiaesterase inhibitors like Vasosure 20 mg (Sildenafil), half an hour before going to bed and see how you respond to it.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Thank you doctor,

For how many days do I need to take this?



Welcome back to

  • I suggest taking it for a week, and also start vitamin B complex simultaneously like Becosules, once a day. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body ... Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus:   Read full

I am a diabetic and have severe burning pain in feet. Why?

.. here to help you. It seems that you have been suffering from diabetic neuropathy. However, I would like to exclude vitamin B12 deficiency as well as high uric acid before stating this. So, I would like you to get the following investigations.   Read full

My HbA1c level was 7.5 last month. Should I continue Gemer 1 tablet?

As far as tablet Gemer 1 mg (Glimepiride) is concerned, I suggest that it should be taken lifelong with another medication by the name of Metformin 250 mg twice daily after meals ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.