Q. I experience burning sensation while urination. Is it UTI or STI?

Dr. Ram Naresh Daga
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I experience a burning sensation while urination. I have taken the antibiotic course. It is still not relieved completely. It has been four to five months now. I have indulged in oral sex in this period. So, it is a UTI or STD/STI?

#

As per your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), urine culture is sterile.

You can repeat urine routine and urine culture with midstream urine sample.

Take a urinary alkalizer for three to five days. That will relieve you of burning sensation.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Is there any chance of STI/STD or is it just a urinary infection? I have had white discharge previously.

#

Oral sex does not cause STI (sexually transmitted infections), it may be recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection).

If you have a white discharge, that needs to be treated by a gynecologist.

|