Q. I feel pain at my lower left side of the abdomen, and it burns while peeing. Is it due to urolithiasis?

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2021

I have pain in my lower left side of the abdomen. I have a burning sensation while urinating. These symptoms look like urolithiasis. Please suggest.

#

I understand your concern. You have difficulty in urination with a burning sensation. You can have it due to a urinary tract infection or stones. In your urine report, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to have some microorganisms and red blood cells and so these suggest a urinary tract infection. Do a urine culture sensitivity test with an ultrasound of the kidney, ureter, and urinary bladder. Take plenty of fluids and antibiotics on the basis of your culture report. The signs and symptoms of kidney stones are severe pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, and blood in the urine. You can diagnose it by doing urinalysis and by taking radiographic imaging using non-contrast helical CT (computed tomography). You can treat the condition by taking analgesics, antibiotics, medical expulsive therapy, and sometimes, shock wave lithotripsy or endoscopic procedures are done.

You have UTI (urinary tract infection).

You can do a urine culture sensitivity and ultrasound of the kidney, ureter, and urinary bladder.

You can have urolithiasis.

You have UTI (urinary tract infection).

Take plenty of fluids and antibiotics according to the urine culture report.

Take plenty of fluids and have genital hygiene.

|