Q. I feel pain at my lower left side of the abdomen, and it burns while peeing. Is it due to urolithiasis?

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

Hello I feel pain at my lower left side of abdomen,, Also It’s hard to pee ( feeling burning) the symptoms looks like I have Urolithiasis. I need to make sure

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hi, I understand your concerns.

You are finding it difficult to pee and there is a burning sensation. These may be due to urinary tract infection (more likely) or stones. In your urine report there are a few microorganisms and red blood cells are also present -these are suggestive of urinary tract infection. Please get an urine culture sensitivity report and an ultrasound of kidney,ureter and urinary bladder. Plenty of fluids is advisable and antibiotics have to be taken on basis of your culture report.

Signs and symptoms of kidney stones can include severe pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills and blood in your urine. Diagnosis of stones is based on urinalysis and radiologic imaging, usually noncontrast helical CT. Treatment is with analgesics, antibiotics for infection, medical expulsive therapy, and, sometimes, shock wave lithotripsy or endoscopic procedures. Hope this helps.

UTI
UTI

Urine Culture sensitivity
Ultrasound of kidney,ureter and urinary bladder.

Urolothiasis

UTI

Plenty of fluids
And antibiotics according to urine culture report.

Plenty of fluids,genital hygeine.

| 

Can my abdominal pain after cholecystectomy throw me into SVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old male, 5'7", 235 lbs. I am suffering from SVT, degenerative disc L4 to S1, ulcerative colitis. Have undergone appendectomy (more than 10 years ago), tonsillectomy (more than 10 years ago), cholecystectomy (three years back). Medicines I am taking are Lopressor 50 mg t...  Read Full »

What is the cause for the feeling of frequent urination and burning sensation after urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like urinating frequently and have an orgasm each time I urinate and feel relieved. The moment I get up from the toilet seat and walk, it starts to burn. There is no burning sensation while urinating. I engaged in sexual intercourse a day before experiencing this. There is no b...  Read Full »

My son occasionally complains of burning sensation during urination. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 5 years old. He occasionally complains of burning sensation in urine. Before five months, he complained of burning sensation, and we did a urine test which showed pus cells 2 to 3 and albumin haziness. The doctor said that as fine and just advise to give more fluids. We did two m...  Read Full »