I feel excess heat in my body with burning sensation in foot. Why?

Q. Why is there excessive heat in my body with burning sensation in foot?

Dr. Ella Phuti Maponya

I am 55 years old male, weighing 58 kg at 160 cm. My query is that I have a problem of excess heat in my body. I experience severe burning in the foot, especially in the mornings. Please advise remedy.

#

Burning sensation in the feet may be because of nerve damage, also called neuropathy. In most people with neuropathy, the leg nerves get damaged first. Damaged nerve fibers are more likely to be overactive and misfire, thereby sending the pain signal to the brain even though there is no wound. This is often accompanied by numbness and tingling sensation on the feet as well. Diabetes is also the most common medical condition that can cause burning feet. Other conditions that can cause burning feet are alcohol abuse, chronic kidney disease, HIV, vitamin deficiency, low thyroid level, drug side effects, peripheral artery disease, infection, and inflammation.

Treatment of the burning sensation on the feet is to treat the cause and also to prevent further nerve damage and pain. More information about your symptom is needed so that a proper diagnosis can be made. Information needed to include how long you had the symptoms, how often do you have them, how bad is it, your lifestyle, if you smoke or drink alcohol, the medication you take.

|