Q. Does burning sensation in the scrotum after having oral sex indicate HIV?

Answered by Dr. Sushma Shah and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Hiv Infection or Oral Sex? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the top of my buttock, but no lesions or bumps were visible. Only redness.

The symptoms then disappeared then for four days, I got ticklings on my back, arms, chests, but again nothing visible on my skin. Since two days I have got paresthesia on my left foot, left arm and left hand that does not seems to stop (sometimes I feel it more or less) and sometimes some cramps in my leg or arm. I got a 4th generation HIV test at three weeks, which was negative. Do you think I have a chance to have HIV? Do I need to retest at four weeks or six weeks? If you do not think I have a chance of getting HIV, what options should I look for?