Q. Does burning sensation in the scrotum after having oral sex indicate HIV?

Dr. Sushma Shah

I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the top of my buttock, but no lesions or bumps were visible. Only redness.

The symptoms then disappeared then for four days, I got ticklings on my back, arms, chests, but again nothing visible on my skin. Since two days I have got paresthesia on my left foot, left arm and left hand that does not seems to stop (sometimes I feel it more or less) and sometimes some cramps in my leg or arm. I got a 4th generation HIV test at three weeks, which was negative. Do you think I have a chance to have HIV? Do I need to retest at four weeks or six weeks? If you do not think I have a chance of getting HIV, what options should I look for?

#

Oral sex is least related to HIV. Symptoms are very bizarre and mostly by oral sex HSV, and STI is common. The tickling sensation is different as such, may be seen in vitamin B 12 deficiency, and anxiety. Symptoms come but goes in a particular time.

You can still go for the HSV test. And STD panel test. No signs you had related to both. Till then you can take, Tablet Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) 1500 mg one at night for one month. If you feel better, you can continue for another a month if at all required. Tablet Escitalopram 10 mg (esitelop10) one at night for ten to fifteen days if at all needed. It is not at all HIV. I hope you have understood.

|