Q. Does burning sensation in the scrotum after having oral sex indicate HIV?

Answered by Dr. Sushma Shah and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A


Do you have a question on Hiv Infection or Oral Sex? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the top of my buttock, but no lesions or bumps were visible. Only redness.

The symptoms then disappeared then for four days, I got ticklings on my back, arms, chests, but again nothing visible on my skin. Since two days I have got paresthesia on my left foot, left arm and left hand that does not seems to stop (sometimes I feel it more or less) and sometimes some cramps in my leg or arm. I got a 4th generation HIV test at three weeks, which was negative. Do you think I have a chance to have HIV? Do I need to retest at four weeks or six weeks? If you do not think I have a chance of getting HIV, what options should I look for?

Related Questions:
I had oral sex with my partner. Can I have HIV or STD?
Are my symptoms due to HIV infection? I had a high-risk exposure 15 months ago.
What are the chances of acquiring HIV infection?

Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV/AIDS Specialist


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Oral sex is least related to HIV. Symptoms are very bizarre and mostly by oral sex HSV, and STI is common. The tickling sensation is different as such, may be seen in vitamin B 12 deficiency, and anxiety. Symptoms come but goes in a particular time.

You can still go for the HSV test. And STD panel test. No signs you had related to both. Till then you can take, Tablet Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) 1500 mg one at night for one month. If you feel better, you can continue for another a month if at all required. Tablet Escitalopram 10 mg (esitelop10) one at night for ten to fifteen days if at all needed. It is not at all HIV. I hope you have understood.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

I had oral sex with confirmed HIV positive guy. What are my chances of infection?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old male homosexual. I had a sexual encounter 15 days back with a confirmed HIV positive guy. I gave him blow job with a condom and we smooched. He also blew me but I was not putting on a condom and when he spit out, there was a streak of blood in the spit. He says he has...  Read Full »
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is certainly a sizeable risk of transmission. Since he spit the blood, whatever may be a source, meaning he has had viruses in his oral cavity. HIV RNA or p24 antigen test, both are equally good becomes positive in one to two weeks period after infection, so yo...  Read Full »
Will complete blood count show HIV infection?
Query: Hello doctor, Will complete blood count test show HIV infection? Will the WBC be increased or decreased?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.WBC (white blood cells) increase or decrease in the complete blood count can tell about a presence of infection, whether viral or bacterial, but it cannot specify which organism is causing it. In other words, increase or decrease in the counts can occur in numerous conditio...  Read Full »
I performed oral sex right after getting scaling done. What is my risk of HIV?
Query: Hi doctor, A few weeks ago, I had oral sex with a female sex worker. I did oral sex initially after I came from scaling. I had bleeding from my gums. The bleeding was purely from the clean instruments used. I performed oral sex on her only around the clitoris region on the outside. She wiped hersel...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you aware of the HIV status of your partner? A raw wound (gums after cleaning) can contract an infection. Even though the vaginal area is dry, there is always some fluid discharge from that place. You can get a blood test for STD (sexually transmitted disease) panel...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Sepsis - Causes|Symptoms|Risk Factors|Diagnoses|Treatments|Prevention
Sepsis is a medical emergency, as it causes multiple organ failure. When the body's response to infection in the blood s...  Read more »
I have on and off acid reflux as well as mild dysphagia. Is this esophageal cancer?
Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I have been experiencing on and off acid reflux for a few weeks as well as mild dy...  Read more »
There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an...  Read more »

Also Read Answers From