Q. I have burning sensation on the internal walls of vagina. Why is it?

Published on May 19, 2018

I have burning sensation and itching on internal walls of vagina after sex and after ovulation. I am facing this problem for the past 6 to 8 months. For past 1 week, I am unable to have sex and while passing urine the nerve pains. We are trying to get pregnant for more than 7 years. Currently I am taking homeopathy medicine. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Considering that there is itching and burning over the vaginal walls and burning near the urethra after sex as well indicates that you may have contracted mixed vaginosis infection which is a combination of both bacterial vaginosis and vaginal candidiasis often accompanied by curdy white discharge as well.
  • This can be confirmed by a high vaginal swab culture test and can be concomitantly treated with antifungal and antibiotic pessaries for a week.
  • Burning near urethra or while urination indicates vaginitis and UTI which can be confirmed by a urine culture and treated with a simple course of antibiotics for a week.
  • If the symptoms occur usually after sex, then your partner should also be investigated for infection and treated along with you to avoid recurrence in future.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

Will you suggest some good medicine to get quick relief from vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. She continuously scratches her vagina. She went to a doctor and got tablet Forcan 150 mg, Hhzole cream, tablet Dazit 5 mg and Hhlevo 5 mg. Still she is suffering a lot. Please suggest some good medicine for quick relief. Thank you.  Read Full »

Why do I severe vaginal itching in the night?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the...  Read Full »