Q. I have burning sensation on the internal walls of vagina. Why is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I have burning sensation and itching on internal walls of vagina after sex and after ovulation. I am facing this problem for the past 6 to 8 months. For past 1 week, I am unable to have sex and while passing urine the nerve pains. We are trying to get pregnant for more than 7 years. Currently I am taking homeopathy medicine. Please help.

#

• Considering that there is itching and burning over the vaginal walls and burning near the urethra after sex as well indicates that you may have contracted mixed vaginosis infection which is a combination of both bacterial vaginosis and vaginal candidiasis often accompanied by curdy white discharge as well.
  • This can be confirmed by a high vaginal swab culture test and can be concomitantly treated with antifungal and antibiotic pessaries for a week.
  • Burning near urethra or while urination indicates vaginitis and UTI which can be confirmed by a urine culture and treated with a simple course of antibiotics for a week.
  • If the symptoms occur usually after sex, then your partner should also be investigated for infection and treated along with you to avoid recurrence in future.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|