Q. I am diabetic with tight foreskin, tears, and discharge in penile glans. Please help.

Dr. Aditi

I am 34 years old and diabetic. My penis foreskin is not pulled back. It is swelled and tears on the tip of foreskin are not healing and are very painful. Penile glans has white discharge.

Dr. Aditi

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

The diagnosis seems to be something called candidal balanitis or fungal infection of a part of the penis. Are you married? And if so does your spouse experience any discomfort or white discharge? This information will be helpful to plan the treatment for both of you simultaneously so that we can eliminate the chances of ping pong infection and recurrence.

| 

No, I am not married, but I have a girlfriend. She has no problem like this. My foreskin is not retracted or pulled back, previously it was fine. Now, if I pull it back for cleaning forcefully, I have tears in my foreskin and some times little blood comes out. My skin on the penis has become dry. I am in a big depression. I am suffering from this problem for the last three months and please help me to get it cure at the earliest. I am attaching a photo for your reference. Can it be cured by medicines? Please help.

Dr. Aditi

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You can start the following treatment.

1. Tablet FAS-kit to be taken once a day.

2.Tablet AF 150 (150 mg) one tablet a day for five days (start from day 2).

3. Canesten cream to be applied twice a day on the penis for ten days.

Please note that the first tablet (FAS KIT) is to be taken by your partner also simultaneously. Even though she does not have any symptoms. As either of you could be the carrier of the infection. Also you may experience metallic taste in the mouth, which is normal and will gradually reduce and stop in a day or two. Please stop the treatment if you develop any allergy to any medicines.

I have prescribed the treatment here as you are in a lot of trouble. However, it should be considered as a substitute for prescription and I cannot be held liable for any unseen consequences.

| 

I am taking medicines as per your guidance but my stool color changed to dark brown. Is it common after taking these medicines? Secondly, my foreskin is still not elastic to pull back. Do I have to continue these medicines after your prescribed course? I am applying Canesten cream too. How much time will it take to be finally fit? Will I need to do any exercises to loosen my foreskin? How I can know that my infection is cleared?

Dr. Aditi

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Can you kindly send me the photograph of the condition of the skin right now? So I can guide you on a further course. As for the dark stools, are you having any chest pain or acidity symptoms?

| 

No, I do not have any chest pain and stomach acidity but little constipation. I am sharing photos of the foreskin which I am not able to pull back. The skin has contracted after infection very badly and if I pull it forcefully skin gets torn and is painful as I have diabetes too. Please guide how to come out of this problem. The skin on tip of my foreskin is dry and hard with swelling compared to the rest of my foreskin and leaving layers from the skin as I think dead cells on the foreskin. The tip of the foreskin is mostly affected.

Dr. Aditi

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the photo. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Due to recurrent infection, you are developing a constriction known as bxo (balanitis xerotica obliterans) medically. Continue the antifungal treatment cream and tablet as mentioned previously and also start applying Clop cream (Clobetasol) once a day. So apply Canesten at night and Clop in the morning.

| 

Why are there red rashes on my glans penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex three months ago. I had all the tests except herpes done and all were negative. About every one to two weeks since the encounter, I have been getting red rashes and red small dots all over my glans penis and foreskin. They are not raised, they do not itch. They a...  Read Full »

I have small red rashes on my glans penis. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have small red rashes on my glans penis. It started as a small blister. When cleaned, it peeled like skin. However, if it is not cleaned, white discharge gets in and around the site. I am not taking any kind of medications.  Read Full »

Can I use coconut oil to roll down tight foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old male. Since the start of the year, I have severe (before that mild) erection problems. It got bad, hardly any erection, hardly felt glans anymore during masturbation (been a few years since I had penetrative sex). The penis is feeling sore. Nearly two weeks ago, I g...  Read Full »

Ask a Venereologist Now