Q. I have irritation of foreskin and whitish discharge. Please advise.

Published on May 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I am a 40 year male. Since last one month, I have been suffering from irritation of foreskin. The skin has become tight and cannot be pulled back. There has been a whitish discharge from the penis and constant irritation. I have tried using Candid B cream but there has been no improvement. There has been a little pain around the penis head. I am not a diabetic and there are no other ailments. I have a problem of high BP and have been prescribed Eritel 40 mg. Please advise.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

You might be suffering from candidal balanoposthitis. Please send good quality photographs of the lesion taken in a natural light for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment. Regards.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Thank you for the prompt response. I am attaching few photos. Please advise.

#

Yes, it is going in favor of candidal balanoposthitis. I suggest you take the following medications and revert to me in 10 days.

1. Tablet AF (Fluconazole) 150 one tablet daily for 10 days.
  2. Canesten (Clotrimazole) lotion - apply twice daily.
  3. Tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for seven days.
  4. Tablet Teczine M (Levocetirizine and Monteleukast) twice daily for seven days.

Consult your specialist doctor discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

| 

I took medicine as prescribed. There was an improvement in the condition by the dosage was over. Thought will wait and see for few days how it goes. However, the same situation is back from last two days. Please advise.

#

It is very common for people with diabetes so keep checking your blood sugar level and keep it in control. Keep using Canesten lotion twice daily, and if not controlled by it then you may need to take oral medication also.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How to stretch tight penis foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have problem of tight penis skin. Whenever I pull my penis skin back during erection it will be very hard to do. Then, my penis skin gets stuck behind the penis forehead and it is very painful to retract back. I generally use oil for this problem. Please ...  Read Full »

How can candidal balanitis be cured soon?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with balanitis about three weeks ago. I got antibiotics and was told by the doctor to keep the area clean and apply an anti-fungal cream. At first, it was super itchy and could not use anything tight. Right now I do not feel it but I can see as you see in the pictures,...  Read Full »

What does the RPR titer of 1:2 mean?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding a syphilis test RPR ratio.  Read Full »