Q. I have tender roof of mouth which is grey in color. What is it?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have tender roof of mouth. I checked this morning and it was turning grey. I asked my friend to describe it better and told me it looked like grey cotton and as I got a closer look, the color reminded me of grey lint from the dryer. There is not any pain but rubbing my tongue against it irritates it.

#

I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, it seems to me like oral thrush or candidiasis. It is a fungal infection. In case you had medication, antibiotics for flu, then it is definitely the fungal infection. If you can upload some pictures, I may provide you better diagnosis and treatment plan.

Post antibiotics therapy.

Oral examination, upload some picture taken in natural light here.

Chemical or heat burn.

Acute candidiasis.

Antifungal therapy only after consulting doctor or uploading pictures here.

Avoid hot foods, soft drinks, and smoking.

For more information consult a dentist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|