Q. I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
Published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My fasting sugar level is 160, and postprandial sugar level is 240. I have attached a picture.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

#

• Your sugar levels are way too high. Please visit your consulting physician for the same. If the levels remain so high, then this problem will keep recurring, as it is directly related to diabetes.
  • I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is candidiasis only. I suggest you apply Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream, twice a day over the problem areas for two weeks.
  • If the problem persists even when your sugar is under control, we may start oral medicines. At present, this cream should suffice. Follow-up after two weeks. Also, clean the area once during a bath, and not every time you go to the bathroom.

Revert after two weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How to manage diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from diabetes. His blood sugar values are around 350-470 in the report. Earlier, he never had such a problem. Please provide some solution and help us to get it cured.  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article