Q. Could radiation therapy cause T-wave inversion?

Dr. Manish N Garg

The patient is a 65 year old, hypertensive and diabetic female with T-wave inversion V1 to V6 on ECG. ECHO and TMT have done to evaluate further, which was reported to be normal. The patient is on Metformin XR and Tazloc-H. The patient is asymptomatic. Six months back, ECG did not show these changes. She is hypertensive for 15 years and diabetic for the last 10 years. What could be the cause of these changes? Please advice.

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiology Cardiothoracic Surgery
#

Global T-wave inversion carries a very little significance (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest repeating the ECG again in six months if the patient is asymptomatic.

If otherwise, you can get a CT coronary angiography to rule out any CAD (coronary artery disease).

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

The patient has had radiotherapy for early stage of left side breast cancer six months back. Could radiation cause T-wave inversion and also a rise in triglycerides?

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiology Cardiothoracic Surgery
#

• Yes, radiation to the chest can cause T-wave inversion.

| 

What does high homocysteine level indicate?

Query: Hello doctor,I have got my complete blood test check done and found out that certain tests under different heads have high values (more than the reference range). I can send you this test in soft copy format and would like to find out if there is something serious about which I should visit a hospit...  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea following radiation therapy and chemotherapy?

Query: Hi doctor, I just finished with radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Now, I feel bloated and nauseated. Also, I am having bad diarrhea. What should I do?  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »