Q. I have Carpal Tunnel syndrome with pain in my hands. Please help.

Dr. Md Rajja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2020

I am a 17-year-old female. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel syndrome last year but the pain started before that. At that time my hand only hurt when it was bent to a certain position, and it hurts when I am on my fours or when push-up position. It did not hurt when my hand was squeezed or doing hand exercises.

The doctor prescribed me with Etoricoxib (Arcoxia) 60 m which I took twice a day for a week and told me not to move my right hand. I tried not to use it as much as possible but since it was school time, it required me to use my hand. After the medication was over, I was not able to come back to the hospital (even though I was told to if the pain did not go away) and talk to my doctor about the condition of my hand.

Now, my hand, specifically the palm of the thumb, started to hurt even if it was not bent or I am in a push-up position. It is more painful when it is squeezed. Our place is quarantined and I am sure getting appointments will be hard during this time, so I am trying to relieve the pain at home. But still, I want to have some instructions from the professional. I have 10 Arcoxia pills here at home, should I take it to relieve the pain? Should I follow the initial instructions of my doctor and take it twice every day or just take it whenever I feel pain? What should I do?

#

Please take the pain killer Etoricoxib only if you feel pain. Try to apply a wrist support belt. It will help your wrist to keep in position.

Carpel tunnel syndrome.

MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the wrist.

Nerve compression.

Carpel tunnel syndrome.

Tablet Etoricoxib 120 mg 1 tablet for 10 days, GABA 200 mg one tablet for one month, Rabiprazole 20 mg one tablet for 10 days, Meco OD 1500 microgram one tablet for one month.

Do not lift heavy weight.

With MRI report.

|