Q. Whom should I consult for my neck pain?

Dr. Abhinav Gupta
Published on Apr 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 45 year old diabetic woman. Since past two months, my right-hand thumb is paining. I am unable to hold or grip anything. From past one month, I am having pain in the neck and headache as well which is not going. Now since last week, the pain in my thumb spread to my pinky finger, and now my whole right palm is slightly swollen. I am unable to make a fist properly. Could you please advise me. I am very much tensed.

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetology Nephrology
#

• For neck painmaintain correct posture. Sit straight and do not use laptops and mobiles.
  • Go for x-ray cervical spine, lateral and anteroposterior view.
  • For thumb pain, I suggest Etoricoxib 90 mg. If the pain does not subside, then seek orthopedic consultation.
  • Get your thyroid test, serum uric acid level, and vitamin D levels.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

I am a house wife, and I do not stick to mobiles or laptops. Do I need to consult an orthopedician or neurologist?

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetology Nephrology
#

Please consult an orthopedician for further physical evaluation.

What is MSA?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a balancing problem. I have low blood pressure in change of posture. I am on Midodrine. During a neurological examination, I was asked to tap my toes. Every time when I did that my heel involuntarily tapped several times. What is the reason? I am being examined for possible MSA...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, Nevanac (Nepafenac) does not have such side effects. But, I suggest you reduce the frequency of Nevanac to twice daily after 15 days and then to once at bedtime after next 15 days. You said you are wearing -2.75 in the right and -3.75 in left. This is a spherica...  Read Full

Ask a Diabetologist Now