Q. Whom should I consult for my neck pain?

Dr. Gupta Abhinav
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 45 year old diabetic woman. Since past two months, my right-hand thumb is paining. I am unable to hold or grip anything. From past one month, I am having pain in the neck and headache as well which is not going. Now since last week, the pain in my thumb spread to my pinky finger, and now my whole right palm is slightly swollen. I am unable to make a fist properly. Could you please advise me. I am very much tensed.

#

• For neck painmaintain correct posture. Sit straight and do not use laptops and mobiles.
  • Go for x-ray cervical spine, lateral and anteroposterior view.
  • For thumb pain, I suggest Etoricoxib 90 mg. If the pain does not subside, then seek orthopedic consultation.
  • Get your thyroid test, serum uric acid level, and vitamin D levels.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

I am a house wife, and I do not stick to mobiles or laptops. Do I need to consult an orthopedician or neurologist?

#

Please consult an orthopedician for further physical evaluation.

|