Q. Please explain the CECT report taken after six cycles of chemotherapy.

Dr. Chitrangada

My father is 62 years old. I have attached his CECT of thorax, abdomen, and pelvis. It is taken after six cycles of chemotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin. He is diagnosed with carcinoma of unknown primary with left lung metastasis.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scans look quite reassuring. There is nodular enhancement involving the left diaphragmatic pleura with minimal pleural effusion. Background fibrotic changes are seen in the bilateral upper lobes. The head, body, and tail of pancreas appear healthy with no focal solid-cystic lesion or area of calcification. The gallbladder seems normal. There is no intrahepatic biliary radicle dilatation seen. There is no focal lesion seen in the liver or spleen.

A small cystic lesion is noted in the mid pole of the right kidney, and it is like a simple cyst. The urinary bladder is partially distended and grossly normal. There is no ascites or lymphadenopathy seen. Bowel loops are non dilated. There is no focal area of thickening seen. The prostate is enlarged, and it needs further evaluation with ultrasound (transrectal ultrasonography) and blood PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels.

|