Q. Noticed redness, swelling and pain in the arm after popping a blister in a Meth addict. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cellulitis or Methamphetamine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My husband is 36 years old. He is fit and healthy, rarely gets sick. But he is a Meth addict. He missed the vein when injecting in top part of his wrist. The injection site looks like a small ant bite. It formed a water blister that he popped and put Neosporin on. But his hand is red, swollen, throbbing and warm. He is in agony. He refuses to go to the ER. Is he in danger of dying? What should I do? How can I treat this?